Good Samaritan Craft
- Heart and Verse Printout
- Paints/Large Circle Stamp Pad for hand prints
- Paper Plates (if using paints)
- Paint Brushes (if using paints, but optional)
- Paper towels/baby wipes (to clean children’s hands)
Print out the heart and verse sheet. Hand One out to each child and have them or an adult write their name on the back. Prepare enough plates with paint so that 2-3 children will share a plate of paint.
The next step has three options, depending on size and abilities of the class…
- For a larger class, group the children into 3′s, 4′s, 5′s (whatever works best). Have each child in the group put their hand print on all their friends papers in the group.
- For a smaller group, have the children put their hand print on their own sheet and then pass it to the child on their right to put their hand print. Continue this until the children get their original sheet back.
- for a smaller group, have the children all stand, stamp their hand print on their page, and then they all walk one spot to the right. Continue this until the children get their original sheet back.
This craft gives a good opportunity to really stress Jesus’ message. The children have to work together, take turns and have patience with one another. In addition to helping our friends when they are hurt or in trouble we have to respect and be kind to our friends too.